You may have heard by now that there is a Halloween party coming to the Disneyland Resort. The Oogie Boogie Bash will take the place of Mickey’s Halloween Party offering spooky thrills for guests of all ages. My friends at Get Away Today have shared details with me so you’ll know what to expect during Halloween Time at the parks this year.
Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party
Halloween Time will kick off in Disneyland and Disney California Adventure Park September 6, 2019. It runs through October 31, 2019, which means this year you can experience Halloween Time for the longest period of time ever! Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party will be held select nights during Halloween Time and will offer some exclusive experiences for guests of all ages. Keep reading to find out all the details of this all-new event in the Disneyland Resort.
Oogie Boogie Bash – Where Is It?
Not only will Halloween Time enjoy its longest run yet, but the Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party will be hosted in Disney California Adventure Park. In years past, special Halloween parties were hosted in Disneyland, so this is an exciting change to the festivities.
Oogie Boogie Bash – When Is It?
Like I shared previously, Halloween Time begins September 6, 2019 in both parks. Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party will be hosted on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday evenings beginning September 17, 2019. Oogie Boogie Bash will open to ticket holders at 6pm, and will close for the night at 11pm. During that time, only Oogie Boogie Bash ticket holders will be allowed in Disney California Adventure Park. Your Bash ticket will grant you entry to Disney California Adventure Park as early as 3pm, giving you up to 8 hours in the park on your designated day. Oogie Boogie Bash will conclude on October 31, 2019.
Oogie Boogie Bash – What Is It?
Oogie Boogie Bash – A Disney Halloween Party is a separate ticketed event during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort. It will include the following events and attractions:
- Villainous!: World of Color over Paradise Bay will undergo a tricky transformation during Oogie Boogie Bash, and will feature villain overlays throughout the water projection show we all know and love.
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail: Guests may encounter villains such as Scar and the Queen of Hearts while taking this trail with a family friendly spooky overlay.
- Immersive Trail Treats: Oogie Boogie himself, as well as Alice in Wonderland’s Mad Hatter, will be among trick or treaters along this trail.
- Trick-or-Treating: A favorite for many guests during Halloween Time, trick-or-treating will be available during Oogie Boogie Bash. Be sure to follow Disney’s costume guidelines, found HERE. You’ll find various treats in illuminated cauldrons throughout Disney California Adventure Park.
- DescenDance: Do your kids love Disney’s Descendants? Then they’ll love the DescenDance party during Oogie Boogie Bash. Learn some new moves and dance along with some of your favorite Descendants characters and music in the Backlot of Hollywood Land.
- Mickey’s Trick & Treat: This live show at the Disney Theater in Hollywood Land may not include candy for guests, but it will include family-friendly Halloween tales told by Mickey and pals.
- Character Encounters: Halloween Time is when Disney Villains like to make an appearance in the parks. While you will likely see them in both parks, you will most-likely only be able to see certain ones, such as Oogie Boogie, exclusively during the Bash in Disney California Adventure Park.
- Frightfully Fun Parade: This parade is a staple from the now-retired Mickey’s Halloween Party, and it will now be part of Oogie Boogie Bash! Mickey and his pals can be found masquerading with a number of Disney villains.
Oogie Boogie Bash – How To Experience It
If you want to attend Oogie Boogie Bash, you can purchase tickets directly from Disney HERE. Remember that with Oogie Boogie Bash tickets, you can enter Disney California Adventure Park up to four hours before the party starts on Sundays, and up to three hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays. If you are planning to be at Disney California Adventure Park during Halloween Time without attending the Bash, I recommend having Park Hopper tickets so you can boogie on over to Disneyland during the Bash. Or, use your 1-Park per Day Disneyland ticket and be sure to spend the day in Disneyland Park. You can always purchase discount Disneyland tickets from my friends at Get Away Today, and for travel through December they’re offering Extra Day Free tickets. Book 5 days for the price of 4 days on either Park Hopper or 1-Park per Day tickets and ensure you have plenty of time to experience all the parks have to offer. Book online at www.getwaytoday.com or over the phone at 855-GET-AWAY. Be sure to mention My Book a Day sent you, and use code BookaDay to save an additional $10 on any Southern California vacation package.