I recently shared a post all about the Holidays and the Disneyland Resort, so today we’re heading to the opposite coast to talk about what you can expect during the holidays at Universal Orlando Resort. The travel experts at Get Away Today have all the details so you can plan the ultimate holiday vacation for your family.
Holidays at Universal Orlando Resort
The holidays at Universal Orlando Resort are celebrated in a variety of ways. November 16, 2019 – January 5, 2020 you can experience a Harry Potter holiday, a Grinch holiday and so much more. All pictures in this post come from the Universal Orlando blog.
Harry Potter Holiday
Enter the Wizarding World of Harry Potter for the holidays at Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure. With a Park-to-Park ticket, you can board the Hogwarts Express at either theme park and travel between the two to experience all the holiday magic.
Harry Potter Holiday – Universal Studios Florida
The city of London and neighboring Diagon Alley transform for the holidays at Universal Orlando Resort. All the holiday trimmings adorn store fronts and holiday music can be heard from singing sensations such as Celestina Warbeck and various street performers. Here are other things to look for and do during your Harry Potter holiday experience:
- Catch the Frog choir performing Yule Ball songs.
- Purchase peppermint toads for the flavor of the holidays.
- Cauldron cakes double as a treat and a souvenir cauldron to take home.
- House scarves make a great souvenir during your winter visit to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- Pumpkin-flavored treats such as pumpkin pasties and pumpkin juice get you in the holiday spirit.
- Warm Butterbeer from the Three Broomsticks makes you feel like you’re in the thick of a London winter.
- Cinnamon-infused firewhisky warms you up on the chance there’s a slight chill in the Orlando air.
- Holiday feast with Christmas pudding at Three Broomsticks is a limited-time menu item only available during the holidays at Universal Orlando Resort.
Harry Potter Holiday – Universal’s Islands of Adventure
The quaint village of Hogsmeade is always snow-capped, but during the holidays the village gets a little extra dusting of magic. Garlands and lights dress up the buildings and streets, so you’ll feel just like a wizard on winter holiday. While Hogsmeade offers a number of experiences similar to what can be found in Diagon Alley, it does offer some unique attractions of its own.
- The Magic of Christmas at Hogwarts: This 8-minute light show on Hogwarts castle features enchanted snowmen, Fred and George Weasley up to their usual antics, scenes from the Yule Ball projected on the castle and a firework finale. It runs about every 20 minutes.
- Warm Butterbeer can be found at Hog’s Head in Hogsmeade.
- Harry Potter themed stockings, snow globes and more offer unique holiday-themed souvenirs you can take home to commemorate your visit to Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
Dr. Seuss Holiday
In Universal’s Islands of Adventure, the world of Dr. Seuss’s Grinch comes to life. You can celebrate Grinchmas with live retellings of the story of the Grinch, and be dazzled by the decor at Seuss Landing. The Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular is holiday fun for all ages. For the biggest of Dr. Seuss fans, you can even book a Grinch & Friends Character Breakfast at Universal Orlando Resort.
Universal’s Holiday Parade Featuring Macy’s
If anyone knows how to do parades right, it’s Macy’s! For Universal’s Holiday Parade, at least 12 giant balloons and floats make their way down the streets of Universal Studios Florida. The parade starts outside Universal’s Horror Make-Up show, and makes its way through the park. One of the best viewing spots is right in front of Macy’s itself, where Santa will stop at the end of the parade and conduct a lighting ceremony. Other good viewing spots include the Hollywood Backlot and in front of Louie’s Italian Restaurant. Universal’s Holiday Parade Featuring Macy’s includes characters and performers from many of your favorite films and TV shows, including Minions, Madagascar, Shrek and an assortment of holiday toys with Santa.
Book Your Holiday Vacation Today
To experience all this and more, book your Universal Orlando Resort vacation with Get Away Today. For a limited time, you can visit both Universal Studios Florida and Universal’s Islands of Adventure, and add on Universal’s Volcano Bay FREE. When you book with Get Away Today by December 2, 2019*, you’ll get admission to your 3rd Park FREE so you can experience Universal’s awesome, themed waterpark in addition to the Holidays at Universal Orlando Resort. See vacation packages at www.getawaytoday.com, or call a travel specialist at 855-GET-AWAY. Let them know My Book a Day sent you!
*Travel must be completed by May 22, 2020. Blackout dates include December 26 – 31, 2019.